Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I’ve been thinking one day, if I had only one week left to live my life, what would I do?

Gosh! What a hard question! I mean seriously, if I really would have only one week until I say goodbye to dear old mother earth I wouldn’t know what I’d do. Or maybe I’ve got a few plans here and there. And maybe I’d like to do some of the things which I’ve always wanted to do but lacked the courage to do so. Well, here goes a list of the possible to-do things:

Day 1:

-bond with my family…I haven’t been able to do this for a long time considering the fact that we’re miles away from each other. It should be memorable though, since I’d be gone for a long time then..hehe!

- go to initao beach resort…I’ve been there once and enjoyed the tranquil beauty of the beach with all its beauty and galore. White sand, serene, cold blue water and the setting of the sun….just perfect to do my “thinking sessions”.

- picture taking with my family.. might as well grab the chance for some nice Kodak moments! Haha! At least they’ll remember me thru the pix! :P

To sum it all up..day one would be the perfect “family day” for me…J

Day 2:

- bond with my barkada!! I miss the old times especially those highschool days!!! I miss the ocho-ocho girls ( as what we were called). I miss the bickering, craziness, pranks and mischief we used to do! Hehe! Maybe we could do stuff like those again! :P

-joyride with them in the city! :P bsta anywhere…

Day 2 would be for friends…who I miss so much!! I didn’t know I was missing them so much until I started writing this! Haiii.. J

Day 3:

-net surfing day! Haha! I’d be emailing and texting my friends and tell them that I’d be gone for a very, very, very, very long time! Think that would be fun! Hehe!

- eat all the Cadbury roasted almond chocolates that I want! Hahah! Joke! Screw diabetes! I’m dying anyway! :P

- eat all the cheese flavored Pringles!! Haha! I love Pringles! And oh yeah, those yummy yummy fries from NYFD..love them! And all those other foods I missed eating….like the ever favorite blueberry cheesecake!! Yum!!!! Screw obesity!

Day 3 is food craving satisfaction day...ngek!

Day 4

- this day would be for spending a quiet time in a park or somewhere peaceful so that I can have time to think. I like spending time to think alone. It gives me this inner peace. Hehe! As if naman I have one! :P bsta..i’d like to go back to places which are memorable to me. I’d like to relive memories imprinted in them. I’m that sentimental. Or maybe I’d read a good book or two. I like reading somewhere quiet…it’s relaxing…J

-attend my last prayer meeting ever. Of course at least before I depart from this world, I’d learn wisdom from the Holy Scriptures... J

And to make the day complete, I’ll be listening to all the love songs in my song collection. Its better to listen to it before I go to bed…being senti has its good points..hehe!

Day 5

-Friday!! Friday is a great day! So many things to do!! First of all, I’d be packing some of my clothes and send them for donation or hand them down to some relatives.. J and keep some of my sentimental stuff like letters, photographs and cd’s tucked away in a box.. I’d clean my room til it’s spic and span.

-practice for my last dance…J in preparation for Thanksgiving Day. This should be the best performance coz this is the last! Hehe! This is a great way to bond with my churchmates too!

- I’d go out with the love of my life…and spend the rest of the day together…just the two of us..somewhere romantic..in the beach watching the sunset, or just in one corner..hugging each other. I want to be able to tell him how much I love him so much! Just before I leave…I want him to know that… J

To end the day, I’d sleep beside him…

Day 6

- Thanksgiving Day!! A special day! And my last Thanksgiving Day! It should be a memorable day. I’d be able to give my final thanks to my Creator before I die. It is a good chance to be able to do something good too. And at the same time learn new things that are taught by the scriptures.

-attend worship service at night….

I’d sleep beside my love the whole night till tomorrow comes…

Day 7

My last day on earth…I don’t know…maybe I’ll cry myself before I drop dead…actually I feel a bit teary-eyed na already….haha!

SUMMARY…

Whew! Writing that list was some kind of an experience for me. I realized that there still are lots of other things that I want to do, besides what I have written, before I die. I feel like I haven’t done enough yet. I still need to find out more about life, meet new people, learn things, and all that stuff…I think I haven’t been a good ate to my brothers and I would like to remedy that…and then I ended up thinking last night, what if I don’t know that I will only have a week to live? Will I still be able to do the things that I have planned out? What if I won’t be able to carry out those things? What if tomorrow never comes? So many what ifs…I can only sigh….

I really should say I love you more often to my dad, to my mom and to the ones I love… To my brothers who I bully a lot..hehe! I really should ask forgiveness to those I hurt in the past and forgive those who have hurt me deeply…in that way, I can say goodbye peacefully…I realized that I’ve spent most of my time in vain and hadn’t really done anything relevant. I’ve wasted a lot of time on doing senseless things..and I’m resolving to be a better person. Haaaiii…

how bout u? what would you do if you had only a week to live? Do tell me…Just post your comments...tnx!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home