Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'll be waiting... :)


It’s been a while since I’ve updated this blog…been really busy and have not been in a chipper mood lately. I’ve been having so many problems just now. Yeah, we all do have problems, I’m not alone…

Does age matter when it comes to loving someone? Is it not enough that two people are in-love and happy about it? Is it not enough? Does age have to be a hindrance? Why do they think that just because I’m 19 I’m not old enough to be in a relationship? Why do they think that I’m not stable enough to stay in a long-term relationship? Why do they think that maturity comes with age? Can’t you be young and think maturely at the same time? And can’t you be old and yet still act childish and stupid? Is it wrong if I’m dating someone a decade and a year older than me? I know I don’t have to explain myself to anyone as to why I’m dating him, or as to why I love him… I don’t need a reason to, but some people just can’t understand.

I know all they mean for me is for my own good, and it’s either I embrace it or leave it. There’s no use in being stubborn though. When people say that all they want is just “for your own good”, it’s always a 99.9% possibility that it won’t favor you—but it will be good. You see, I’ve grown so tired of that “it’s for your own good” dialogue my parents always tell me, it’s like starting to become a cliché. But, I’m thankful for those times…I’ve really learned my way around life. Whether I like it or not, whether I bitch or cry, kick and scream, I just end up following them and it always turns out right.

It’s like this, you see guys, they are horrified by the fact that I’m dating someone who could pass as my older brother. They are horrified that moi, who just turned 19, could stomach to be with someone who is 30. So they tried to separate us. Is that fair? I mean, I’m not messing with their lives am I not? And what is wrong with dating someone older? How ‘bout Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise? I think it’s better to date someone older than you than someone younger. I wouldn’t want to be considered a “mama-san”. Eeeekkk…

But you know what? I think it’s ok to experience these kinds of problems. When you’re in a relationship, you can’t avoid it. And the most wonderful part of it is that we don’t consider this as an obstacle to our relationship, but rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong TRUE LOVE can be. We’ll just be here…waiting for the right moment…and hopefully, we can make it thru together. It’s not like the end of my life noh? Heheh! I’ve still got my friends to back me up and besides, I’m grateful that we started out as friends. He’ll always be there. And he’s the greatest guy I’ve ever loved.

Oh what the heck, the world has bigger problems and here I am bitching about stuff like these. Living without having to feel pain is a worthless life. I say worthless because one cannot be able to appreciate life in its complexity without having to go through all the hardships that one has to bear. Life becomes more meaningful because of pain. Because you may never appreciate love if you never felt being out of love. You may never really know the real value of happiness until you experience sadness. You may never learn to appreciate smiles without crying your tears. I’m glad I’m able to feel pain. I’m so glad I’m normal…and most of all, I’m happy to be living this kind of life I’m living now… it is a life which has reason. ..o ang drama ko na naman…haaaiii… :P

***

I hope when i get married someday i get to make babies as cute as SURI and Shiloh...hahah! i'm weird...:P


***

my friend forwarded me a bunch of quotes which are "supposedly" from Oprah.. i don't know if it is true but anyway, i really like it...and i feel like sharing it with you guys.. :)


--If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

--Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.

--Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

--Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.

--Slower is better.

--Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.

--If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends".
A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. Don't settle.

--If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.

--Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

--The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

--Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women.
He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?

--Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

--Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you.

--If something bothers you, speak up.

--Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

--You cannot change a man's behavior. Change comes from within.

--Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has more education or in a better job.

--Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

--Never let a man define who you are.

--Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.

--A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

--All men are NOT dogs.

--You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.

--You need time to heal between relationships...there is nothing cute about baggage.
Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.

--You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals. Look for someone complimentary, not supplementary.

--Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

--Make him miss you sometimes. When a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.

--Never move into his mother's house.

--Never co-sign for a man.

--Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.

--Keep him in your radar but get to know others

>>> now, which of these quotes can you really relate to? let me know... :)



12 Comments:

Blogger Alternati said...

Personally, my age bracket for possible relationships is one year younger and 12 years older. I say if he makes you happy and you really love him and he loves you back then there's something there really worth fighting for. Parents will always protect their children so it's normal for them to act that way.

As for the Oprah quotes, There are a lot of good ones there.

I relate to:
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. Don't settle.

Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

Never let a man define who you are.

and my fave:

Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

hehehe

Blogger babymoi said...

alternati--thanks!! yes, i know parents are like that...and we being their children always have to obey..haii...life..am i not 19? heheh!

and for the oprah quotes, my faves are:

ou should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals. Look for someone complimentary, not supplementary.

You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.

and the best one yet(for me):

Slower is better

hey...i kinda like your choices too! :)

Blogger Chas Ravndal said...

I don't mind an older guy to be honest. If you love him and he loves you back then why not.

Honestly, it's not with the age but it's how you feel.

Blogger sachiko said...

as long as the guy is single,what's wrong with an older guy?

thanks for dropping by my site. :)

Blogger Talamasca said...

Suri sure is a cute baby! :-)

The quotes... Are you a man-hater or something? Kidding. Hehehe. :-)

Blogger AL said...

hei! I am from Charles (queerchef) blog. Obliging to his game :)

Let me just say that my grandmother fell in love with my grandfather at the age of 13. The got married when she was 14. Stayed together all their life.

Blogger babymoi said...

ms. sachi---thank you..:) yes, at least i'm not involved with a married man noh? thank goodness for that!

talamasca--hahah! no i'm not a man hater...:P if i was well...i can't even imagine! hahha!

alBjørnstad-- wow...that's very inspiring...i wish mine would be like that too..hehe! to spend the rest of my life with the man i love...isn't that just nice? :)

Blogger babymoi said...

chas--thank you! :)

Blogger Ethel said...

hiya!
The Queer Chef pimped me here :)

http://lollipop.lu

Blogger tin-tin said...

you're the one who's in the relationship, not them. just make sure that the man is not involved with anybody (gf or wife). then it's okay, i think.
just prove to your parents and to everyone else that it's for your own good. coz if they'll see that you're improving or getting matured or being a better person then they'll start to accept him. good luck! :)

Blogger RennyBA said...

Here from Charles!
Since I am a man, what can I say? How about make men not wars ;-)

Blogger babymoi said...

ethel--thanks for dropping by!

tin-tin--thank you for that wonderful comment...:)

rennyba--LOL! hahah! nice one there!~

Post a Comment

<< Home